I get asked often if I could provide any links to resources to get started in AE scripting or extension development. So– here’s a whole bunch of links!
Anything to add or change? Let me know!
- David Torno’s Extendscript Training Series
- fxphd course on Scripting in AE
- fxphd course on Advanced Scripting in AE (these are Very Good) — Part 1, Part 2
- CreativeDojo has a post on ‘learning AE scripting‘
- Adobe AE Devnet
- Online, up-to-date, searchable & saveable & downloadable AE Scripting Guide
- Motionscript’s Scripting Reference has a few examples
- Redefinery; good open-source samples to get familiar with practical examples
- Victoria Nece (now Product Manager for Motion Graphics and Visual Effects at Adobe) has an Intro to Extensions series up
- Adobe Extensions Github account
- HTML Panels Development textbook for Photoshop (still mostly applies to AE though!)